Please join Hollygrove for the Norma Jean Gala presented by JAKKS Pacific on Wednesday, March 18th, from 6:00 - 9:30 p.m. at the Taglyan Complex. The Norma Jean Gala is named in honor of Marilyn Monroe who came to live at Hollygrove in 1935. Hollygrove has a rich, 135-year history providing help and hope for Los Angeles’ most underserved, vulnerable and at-risk children. We help many children and families in crisis turn their lives around and heal from abuse, severe neglect and other forms of trauma.
Norma Jean Gala 2015 Host Board
Busy Philipps and Marc Silverstein
Busy Philipps is being honored for her continuous volunteer work with Hollygrove.
and Erin Ziering
The success of this event is crucial to the agency as the money raised fills some of the gap between services covered by public funding and brings specialized privately funded programs individually pioneered by Hollygrove to its families. Specifically, the funds from this year’s gala will go towards:
- Endless Summer program – a therapeutic afterschool program for children with emotional and behavioral challenges resulting from adverse childhood experiences.
- Camp Hollygrove – follows Endless summer experience for children during school breaks who are often not eligible to attend other camps due to behavioral problems.
- Family Search and Engagement – using internet search technology, we connect children at risk of entering the foster system with safe biological family members to aid their recovery from emotional trauma.
- Parent Academy – provides parents with a unique support group and parenting education as well as basic needs such as food and clothing.
- Believe program – a specialized school readiness program for 3-5 year olds with early behavioral problems.
The evening promises to introduce you to some of these transformational therapeutic programs in which the children are introduced to artistic expression, dialogue and self-exploration. Alongside a display of the children's art, we will also be hosting a silent and live auction, food and cocktails as well as several inspirational presentations, amongst which a former Hollygrove child and his father will share their experiences with you.
We look forward to seeing you on the night which promises to be filled with fun, all for such a very special cause.